CALL BACK REQUEST 01162 677 890 Professional Residential & Commercial Property Management


We cover the whole of the East Midlands.

Find out how we can help you


Leicester Office
01162 677 890

Frequently asked questions

  • Buying, letting or renting property can be an absolute minefield of red tape, building regulations, surveys and other issues. When it comes to property matters, experience counts and that’s where we can help you. Answers to some commonly asked questions are shown below but please feel free to contact us for an informal chat about your property woes.
  • I’m thinking of buying a new house and have been told I need a Building Surveyor. Why do I need a RICS Building Surveyor for buying a new house? A RICS building surveyor will look at the whole property from top to bottom. The survey may identify work that needs to be done before buying the property or perhaps a problem with the structure that you should be made aware of before the sale is completed. A building surveyor will let you know exactly what you are buying and will give you an estimate for costs of any work that may need to be carried out. This information can then be used as a negotiating tool when purchasing the property. At Acorn Surveys and Valuations we can carry out surveys for business premises or inspections of structural problems you may experience with your home or business property.
  • My property has developed dampness and cracks in the walls. Can you help identify and suggest remedial work for the problem and cause? We will come along and survey the problem for you and then give you advice on the cause and how best to remedy the situation. Should the problem be serious and remedial work be necessary, we can then arrange the work to be done for you and monitor the process.
  • I want to extend my home (or business) but don’t know where to start. What do I do first? You will need a feasibility study of your ideas for the changes you wish to make on your property. These ideas could be a room in the roof or maybe an extension you wanted for commercial premises to accommodate your business. We can then help undertake measured surveys as part of the feasibility study to prepare the layout and put into consideration site restrictions that could affect your proposal.
  • I know what I want, but I need plans. Can you prepare these or do I need an Architect? We can provide full Architectural services as an architect as such is not required as a seperate profession and cost. We are able to provide services to enable your ideas to be turned into reality or plans required for conveyancing or leases. Following your approval of the plans we can then arrange for Planning and building regulations applications to then be submitted, and if necessary, negotiate on your behalf to local and statutory bodies about your plans.
  • I’ve got planning permission for a project but I need someone to take care of the day to day contract administration. Is this a service you can provide? Contract administration can be a nightmare for the inexperienced, but we have the skills and experience to take care of your project for you, large or small.
  • My project needs a planning supervisor, can you help? We can offer you our expertise in designing projects and administering construction contracts, particularly work in occupied premises where health and safety is paramount. Following the completion of your project we will also prepare a Health and Safety/Maintenance file including accurate “as built” drawings.
  • I need to arrange for a condition survey to be carried out. Is this something you do? This is a service we provide. We also give advice on repairing covenants to leasehold properties and prepare condition surveys tailored to suit your requirements.
Contact Us
  • Acorn Lettings Leicester

  • 6 Hannah Parade, Stonehill Avenue, Birstall, Leicester LE4 4JE
  • Tel: 01162 677 890
  • Email: